Incentives for Policy Innovation in Contemporary China
Who is the Chair of the panel?
Disc. Haifeng Huang (University of California, Merced)
(1) Enforcing Driving Restrictions in (Some) Chinese Cities: A Counter-Intuitive Case of Local Cadre Agency? — Anna Ahlers (U. of Oslo)
(2) Exit or Voice: Understanding the Recent “Resignation Wave” of Political Hopefuls in China — Xiang Gao (Zhejiang U.); Lianjiang Li (Chinese U. of Hong Kong)
(3) Political Personalities and Incentives for Policy Innovation: Exploring the Micro Foundations of Local Governance in China — Jessica Teets (Middlebury College); Reza Hasmath (U. of Alberta)
(4) Rise and Fall of Policy Innovations in China: A Local Governance Perspective-Kyoung Shin (National Tsing Hua U.)
(5) State Strategies under Global Rules: Chinese Industrial Policy in the WTO Era – Yeling Tan (Harvard U.) (6) Institutional Enforcement and Media Control in China — Dan Chen (Elizabethtown College)