Benefits and Application Procedures
- The Association of Chinese Political Studies (ACPS) is a non-profit, non-political organization for scholarly and professional, academic activities. For almost two decades, the ACPS, which is the largest U.S.-based academic organization devoted to the study of Chinese politics, has provided leadership, professional opportunities, and intellectual exchange to those studying Chinese politics.
- ACPS seeks to promote excellence in all aspects of Chinese political studies. Towards this end, it organizes international conferences, manages a top notch journal called the Journal of Chinese Political Studies (JCPS), publishes edited volumes and special journal issues, maintains collaborative links with diverse institutions globally, and encourages the development of Chinese political studies.
- Individual membership is open to academics and researchers studying Chinese politics, as well as related issues and problems.
- Individual members enjoy the following benefits:
- The right to vote and run for ACPS Board of Director positions;
- Preferential consideration for participation in ACPS conferences and workshops. ACPS members approved for participation also have opportunities to receive any conference or workshop lodging, meal, and travel subsidies extended to those who have paid all required conference/workshop fees;
- Free online access to the JCPS and special opportunities to prepare JCPS book reviews;
- Complimentary access to the ACPS e-newsletter; and,
- Preferential consideration for participation in ACPS related group panels at American Political Science Association (APSA), International Studies Association (ISA), or Association for Asian Studies (AAS) meetings.
- To apply for membership, interested individuals should click the membership application links on this page. Within 1 to 2 weeks after receipt of payment and your application, the ACPS will review and respond to applications for individual membership.
- The ACPS welcomes applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Current ACPS Members may Log-In to access their account.